UC CURRICULUM INTEGRATION CONFERENCE
Friday, June 13, 2014; 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Nile Hall, Preservation Park, Oakland
Cost: This event is FREE.
Curriculum directors, principals, administrators...It's time to register for the UCCI Conference!
The UCCI Conference is your opportunity to find out how schools successfully implement integrated curriculum.
Who should attend?
This event is perfect for those individuals who are in schools or districts that are:
- participating in linked learning
- looking for model courses aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- trying to implement project-based learning
What's in it for you?
The UCCI Conference offers you the chance to:
- hear from UC's Associate Director of Admissions - Articulation about the value of integrated curriculum
- network with colleagues who are working to reach similar goals and overcome similar challenges
- form partnerships that could benefit your school, your teachers and your students
Hear administrators and teachers share their successes and challenges implementing the following integrated courses, which provide students with Career Technical Education content and skills while also allowing them to fulfill "a-g" subject requirements for freshman admission to the UC and CSU systems:
1. Algebra 2 for the 21st Century - a UCCI course in which students learn the fundamentals of Algebra 2 through projects using the Scratch programming language.
2. The Business of Music (AKA "Business Entrepreneurship") - a "UCCI-style" course in which students earn Visual and Performing Arts ("f") credit for UC while they also learn what it takes to be a working musician.
3. Spanish for Hospitality Careers - a course modeled after existing UCCI language courses, in which students learn advanced Spanish in the context of a career in the Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism CTE industry sector.
When, where, and how much?
When: Friday, June 13, 2014 | 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Nile Hall, Preservation Park, Oakland, CA
Cost: FREE; a working lunch will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Still have questions? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
University of California Curriculum Integration is an initiative of Student Affairs - Admissions in the UC Office of the President. UCCI's work is made possible through funding administered by the California Department of Education.