THE UCCI EXCHANGE: SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS
April 24, 2013
There is an exciting new development at the UCCI program! It’s the UCCI Exchange: workshops designed to support teachers who want to teach UCCI courses or who are already teaching them at their schools.
If that’s you, then be sure to save these dates:
July 18-19 in Northern California (exact location TBA)
July 25-26 in Southern California (exact location TBA)
These UCCI Exchange events will focus on both the “a-g” and CTE elements of UCCI courses and will be your opportunity to:
- work directly with other educators who have already implemented UCCI courses, as they share their projects, instructional methods, assessments and more
- collaborate with dedicated colleagues in small teams to develop your own units
- collect, in one place, valuable resources and teaching tools
- discuss ideas for the best ways to approach your school or district about adopting UCCI courses
- get great, practical advice for infusing your course with the Common Core State Standards
Because these events are designed for the classroom teacher, we want to get as much information from participants before the event about what sort of support would truly help them the most. That’s why we’d like you to go to the UCCI Exchange interest form and let us know what your needs are to for teaching UCCI courses effectively. If you have questions, please contact Projects Coordinator Katie Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The locations of the UCCI Exchange events are still to be decided - and we’re soliciting recommendations! You’re the local experts, so if you’d like us to consider holding the event at your school, or have any other ideal meeting place to suggest, please let us know about it!
We hope to hear from you soon,