The third annual UCCI Conference on Integrated Curriculum and our inaugural pre-conference event at Downey High School were a great success!
What took place?
At the UCCI Pre-Conference Event:
- Downey High School Principal Tom Houts and Vice Principal Dalyn Miller-Geiser discussed how they solicited interest in UCCI courses from their faculty, and what they did to help prepare and support teachers through UCCI curriculum implementation.
- Downey High School teachers shared highlights from the year as well as challenges they encountered (and overcame) while implementing courses such as U.S. History and Public Health, Get Reel: English through Your Lens, and Designing the American Dream.
At the UCCI Conference:
- Learned about the programs and resources UCCI offers to help with integrated course design and implementation
- Learned about UCCI courses and how they help students complete “a-g” requirements while participating in linked learning and CTE pathways
- Networked with teachers who currently teach UCCI courses
- Participated in sessions focused speficially around the following UCCI courses: Get Reel, English through Your Lens; Designing the American Dream; U.S. History and Publich Health; Applied Medical English and Green Up and Go! Clean Energy-neering
Conference PresentationsIf you were not able to attend the conference, or you missed any of the above sessions, we are happy to share the presentations with you for your review:
Session B: Green Up and Go! Clean Energy-neering
University of California Curriculum Integration is an initiative of Student Affairs - Admissions in the UC Office of the President. UCCI's work is made possible through funding administered by the California Department of Education.