Curriculum directors, principals, administrators, teachers... Join us at the fourth annual UCCI Conference on Integrated Curriculum!
UCCI's fourth-annual UCCI Conference on Integrated Curriculum will be held Saturday, April 29, 2017, at San Diego State University, with a pre-conference event at Health Sciences High and Middle College in San Diego, CA on Friday, April 28.
What’s in store at the Pre-Conference:
- Observe UCCI courses in action!
- Participate in after school PLC meetings with Health Sciences High teachers who teach UCCI courses!
- Hear HSHMC Principal Doug Fischer discuss how UCCI courses fit with the school's programs of study and how administrators helped faculty prepare to teach UCCI courses.
*Lunch will be provided.
What's in store at the Conference?
The UCCI catalog boasts 71 teacher-created courses integrating academic study with CTE. In morning sessions, you'll hear first hand from teachers who are currently teaching the following UCCI courses:
These course-focused sessions allow attendees the rare opportunity to hear how different schools and different teachers throughout California have implemented the same UCCI course. If you teach one of the courses listed above, offer it at your school, or are planning to offer one or more UCCI courses, we encourage you to attend this year's conference to learn more and make valuable connections with those who have already successfully implemented UCCI courses.
In each of these course sessions, teachers will share what they've learned about implementing each course and balancing the academic and CTE instruction to fully prepare students to complete course projects successfully.
Afternoon sessions will include:
- A panel discussion on preparing teachers to teach integrated courses
- A “Boot Camp” workshop on leading integrated course development within your school/district
- A presentation on how to design instructional materials for UCCI courses
*Morning refreshments and a working lunch will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: A logistics email containing detailed session information, meeting room info, parking directions and more will be sent 2 weeks prior to the each event. Please be on the lookout for these very important emails!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
University of California Curriculum Integration is an initiative of Student Affairs - Admissions in the UC Office of the President. UCCI's work is made possible through funding administered by the California Department of Education.