Upcoming UCCI Institute!
September 18, 2017
UCCI Institute for UCCI Math Courses!
At this Institute, teachers will collaborate to create three unique courses:
- Engineering and Architecture integrated with Geometry, to be approved in the Math ("c") subject area for UC | This course will be the third in a sequence that includes two other UCCI math courses: Functional Design through Algebra and Applied Math and Engineering: Algebra 2 and Trig for Engineers.
- Building and Construction Trades integrated with Algebra 1, to be approved in the Math ("c") subject area for UC | This course will be the third in a sequence that includes two other UCCI math courses: Constructing Algebra 2 and Geometry by Design.
- Information and Communication Technologies integrated with Algebra 1, to be approved in the Math ("c") subject area for UC | This course will be the third in a sequence that includes two other UCCI math courses: Algebra 2 for the 21st Century and Geometry + Computer Visualization and Simulation.
UCCI Institutes offer participants the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with other educators to create authentic integrated courses that extend students’ CTE-learning throughout all of their “a-g” coursework
- Learn new approaches to teaching in their content area
- Gain a better understanding of UC’s “a-g” course review process
Who Should Apply
Math teachers, CTE teachers in the sectors mentioned above, curriculum coaches, Teachers on Special Assignment and others with strong content knowledge in math, construction, information technology, and/or engineering and architecture are encouraged to apply.
UCCI Institute for UCCI Math Courses, Essential Details:
When: November 2 – 4, 2017
Where: The Belamar Hotel, Manhattan Beach, CA
Deadline to Apply: 11:59 p.m. on October 1, 2017
You should also know:
There is no cost to participate in a UCCI Institute. All UCCI Institute participants will receive a $300 stipend for their work associated with participating as a course developer at the Institute. In addition, lunch is included for each day of the three-day Institute, and UCCI offers reimbursement for travel costs associated with attending the Institute*. (*Some limitations may apply, per UC travel policies.)
If you are interested in participating at this UCCI Institute, please complete the online application prior to the October 1 deadline.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 510-287-3349.